Saturday, February 28, 2009

Chicken Soup for the Sickly Soul

Just in time for being sick, I made some chicken soup earlier this week. My chicken soup is usually working with what I have on hand. Of course you can adapt it to what you have as well.

2 slices of chicken breast
Some rice with saffron seasoning (I measure with my hand)
3 medium carrots
1 large onion
Some celery
2-3 cloves of garlic
Tomato
Greek oregano
Garlic powder
Lowry’s salt
Pepper
Olive oil


POT: Do the mire poix shuffle: one tablespoon of olive oil to sautée onions, carrots, celery, and a hunky tablespoon of tomato paste after the veggies have sautéd a bit. Then add oregano, garlic powder, little bit of Lowry’s salt, and pepper. Add water on medium heat.

PAN: On a separate pan, I put sliced garlic with some olive oil until it lightly browns, take away the garlic and add it to the soup. Then use the remaining garlic olive oil to brown the chicken breast and cook it through. When rested, I strip the chicken and add it to the soup pot. Then I also add some rice with saffron seasoning (found at many stores) to the boiling pot of soup.

Back to POT: Add seasoning for appropriate taste. Also, in the last five minutes of cooking, add a diced tomato.

Bowl it up. Should make about 2 ½ quarts of soup or so.

I would have taken a picture but my camera has closed its shutter, fluttered, and died.

No comments:

Post a Comment